Human Resource Audit
Since HR audit services in Kenya are so critical for any organization’s proper working, they must be conducted by an external HR policy expert who will provide an unbiased assessment.
What is an HR Audit?
Like a financial audit, an HR audit in Kenya is a way to diagnose problems in a company’s HR department. An HR audit Company in Kenya can be done through self-assessment internally or by hiring a professional audit company to undertake an audit. An HR audit and the subsequent HR audit report will pinpoint we pinpoint weaknesses or risks in the HR department and help address these
hr audit- purpose, structure, and modalities
HR Audit services in Kenya is a process that studies the status and preparedness of the organization on critical factors involving and impacting Human Resources. The primary purpose is to find out how effectively ready the organization is to pursue its goals and face the challenges in the marketplace on a sustainable basis. The primary areas in which this process would focus are:
- Organizational fundamentals viz., articulation of basic beliefs ad goals.
- Organization Structure.
- Human Resource Information System. Information System.
- Talent Sourcing, acquisition, induction, and deployment.
- Employee Engagement.
- Performance Management System
- Consequence Management System.
- Talent Development System.
- Talent retention and stability.
The Hr Audit Services in Kenya will sequentially include:
- Meetings with top management.
- Examining documented fundamentals including, among other things, vision statement, mission statement, values, and goals.
- Meetings with senior and middle management at the above locations.
- Random interactions with junior management and staff, in groups and individually.
- Examining documents vis–a–vis HRIS, statutory compliances, PMS, Recruitment, Induction, Job Descriptions, KRAs, Appraisals, Increments and Rewards et al.
- Studying HR-related SOPs.
- Meeting family members of staff at random (optional).
- Studying HR and Employee Manual
Each area can be customized to meet your company’s specific needs. Depending on your needs, HR audit services in Kenya can focus on a particular site, such as contracts or benefits, or cover the whole spectrum of an HR department’s activities. The findings of these audits aid decision-making in the organization and are usually internal documents that need not necessarily be shared with the public. Moreover, unlike Financial Audits, which are routine, regulated, and standardized, Human Resource Audits are non-routine. They may be designed to cater to the unique needs of the organization at a particular point in time. These are, in fact, studies of an unusual nature. The Audit could vary from self-directed surveys to interventions by outside consultants.
An HR audit Service in Kenya is time-consuming and costs money, so it is essential to understand the benefits of undergoing an HR audit. The main advantage is to pinpoint potential problem areas of an HR department. This Audit is important because these issues can damage morale and, in the long-term, the company’s competitiveness – in the worst case, a company could be breaking the law! Maintaining a professional and well-managed HR department is a win-win situation for everyone involved.